FRIDAY, DECEMBER 1st
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 2nd
Christmas in the Village is a partnership between the City of Canal Winchester and Destination:Canal Winchester. This free community event would not be possible without the support of many local businesses and volunteers.
The City of Canal Winchester & Destination: Canal Winchester Proudly Present:
- Visit with Santa (Huntington Bank) *Look for Canal Winchester Human Services' Adopt-A-Family Toy Box! Food, Toy, or Donation to Adopt-A-Family Program always appreciated!
- Brockstrong Holiday Lights Parade *Friday only
- Christmas Trolley (various downtown stops) ****Christmas Trolley Stops at Community Center, Railroad Depot, and at the intersection of S. High St. & Columbus St.
- Cookies & Cardmaking (Faith United Methodist Church - 15 W. Columbus)
- Children’s Games (Chase Bank)
- Children's Train Rides (across from Fantasy Cupcake)
- Hayrides (in-between municipal building and Huntington Bank)
- Gingerbread House Contest (HER Realtors - 11 S. High)
- Children’s Crafts (Town Hall)
- Pet Pictures with Santa (M. Vasko office- 19 N. High)*$10 donation suggested
- Meet the Grinch (HER Realtors - 25 N. High)
- Tree Lighting (grassy knoll behind Stradley Place)
- Visit Santa's Reindeer *Saturday only (grassy knoll behind Stradley Place)
- Christmas Carols by CWHS Choir *Friday only (Stradley Place)
- Ice Sculptures (Stradley Place)
- Popcorn Station (Stradley Place)
- Christmas Music on S. High Street (courtesy of Councilman Mike Walker)
- Craft Bazaar (Community Center) Vendor application
- Train Display (Community Center)
- Canal Winchester Area Historical Society's Prentiss School and Railroad Depot will be open to visitors each night. (N. High)
- Winchester Chimes Holiday Performance *Saturday only (Prentiss School and Railroad Depot - N. High)
Christmas in the Village
Canal Winchester’s annual storybook Christmas celebration will be held in the city’s historic downtown on Friday, December 1 and Saturday, December 2. The Santa Parade will begin at 5:30 p.m. on Friday December 1 followed by the tree lighting ceremony at 6:00 p.m. and activities from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Saturday, the Santa Parade will start at 4:30 p.m. followed by the tree lighting ceremony at 5:00 p.m. and activities from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Activities will take place on the sidewalks and streets of downtown Canal Winchester as well as inside several business establishments around the city’s municipal office building at 36 S. High Street.
Anyone who would like more information about Christmas in the Village or gingerbread house contest entries should contact Amanda Lemke at 614-837-8276. If you would like to participate in the Business Bazaar, please contact Destination: Canal Winchester organization at (614) 270-5053.
VENDOR SPACE FOR 2017 HOLIDAY CRAFT BAZAAR:
(SORRY, WE ARE COMPLETELY FULL)